Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Stinkin' Forever

It's been stinkin' forever since my last post... I'll try to catch you up:

It feels like I've traveled to the ends of the earth this summer, but despite all the miles I've logged, I've yet to leave Alabama :(  [Good news though, headed to Charlotte, NC Monday :)]
I had a blast working with other Youth Pastors and having the opportunity to introduce them to Youth Alive Campus Ministry.  It was a blast!  Got to hang out with the CMs a lot this summer--especially during the CM Mini-camp [next years camp scheduled for early June!].  Had a blast in the sticks that I call the place I grew up.  Had fun experimenting with the Super Summer Contest.  I [ok, Amanda] already have a ton of ideas to make it even bigger and better next summer.  

I am super pumped about the upcoming school year.  I'm a little bummed that I'm going to miss the night-before-school-starts-back-service.  But I console myself with the thoughts of Charlotte.

This year is going to be awesome.  In fact, it's going to be so awesome that I'm dedicating the next couple of weeks' sermons to talk about how awesome it is going to be.  The series is titled "Best Year Ever" [thanks you VH-1].  We're going to find out what it takes to make this the best school year ever.

Hopefully I'll stay on top of this blog thing for a while.  Check back soon for new stuff!

_Matt

1 comment:

Sue said...

I am glad you FINALLY decided to update your blog! Just kidding....I know how busy you have been. I do enjoy reading it though. Just wanted to TELL you (and Amanda) how much I appreciate the work that you do with the youth. I, too, am anticipating a great new year with the youth at VRC!
Mrs. Sue