Monday, July 7, 2008

Youth Camp 08

Camp was awesome! We had a great time this year [but don't we always?].  We absolutely got plastered in the team competitions.  We finished 6th (of 6).  We were 50,000 points behind 5th place.  I got to take a nice swim in the Mud Pit for that one.  

The services were amazing from the first night.  It was so emotional to watch our teens get up on stage the first night and publicly declare "I'm not hiding from God anymore."  It was ultra-awesome to see Lee's daughter Whitney get up there.  I know that was a special moment for him as a father.

Unlike usual, it is hard for me to point to just one spot of camp and say, "this is what changed me."  I think it was a little bit of everything.  From seeing faith in its rawest form as Brooke accepted Christ w/o anyone praying/preaching at her, to making new friends w/ the Jasper guys, to the worship, and everything in between.

I know I have been personally challenged to go deeper in my relationship with God.  I want more of Him, I want to know Him in a new, deeper way.  I want to serve Him more.

No comments: