Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Free at Last

Yesterday was a day of celebration.  It was a day for relief, reflection, and hope.  And not because Alabama is having such a great season.

Yesterday I had my interview with the District/Sectional Presbytery [A/G structures] to get my credentials approved.  The first step (the test) proved much easier than expected--and this was equally enjoyable.  I made a hundred on my test and provided some great laughs for the Presbytery (ok, so they were laughing at me, but who cares?)

Needless to say, yesterday marks the ending of a (really, really L-O-N-G) chapter of my ministry life.  It's good to be on this end of it.  Feels really good to be a "legit" preacher (or "Preacher-man" as Coach Gip likes to call me).

God has really set me up the whole way.  At every turn, He's been there providing whatever I need.  Can't wait to see what He's going to do with/in the rest of my life.

No comments: