Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday '08 Rundown

Well, this is my first post post-holidays, and I must say it has been difficult catching back up.  I've been checking emails and blogs and fantasy football for almost 2 hours now.  Once you get behind, it's difficult to catch up.  Here's a small recap of the past couple of weeks:

Thanksgiving was great.  We stayed up here, so it was my first Thanksgiving without my parents.  Almost panicked because I thought there was no Dressing--but the day was saved.

Went to Nashville for our annual Staff Planning Retreat.  Had a blast.  Nashville is one of my favorite cities.  Still think I only saw about half of the Opryland hotel (I think I read somewhere that it has around 70 square acres of space INSIDE).  

Upon returning from Nashville I was stricken with the rotavirus (see pics on earlier post).  That sucked!!!  I would not recommend the rotavirus to anyone.  Uncontrollable puking.  Fatigue.  Can't sleep.  Miserable.  (As I side note, I believe it was Jack's in Harpersville that got me sick.  Anyone who wants to join my boycott feel free to do so).  

Drove to my Grandma's (Dad's mom) in West Va for Christmas.  It took us 14 hours to get there, but only 12 to get back (I know we ate an extra meal, but that still leaves and extra hour.  Perhaps driving downhill helped???).  I love my family.  Dad's side is definitely more lively than my mother's (and louder!).  We saw a little snow, but there wasn't enough to play in.  :(  We froze our tails off when we visited D.C. (I think it was around 20 w/ 30+ mph winds).  Saw Bush's dog chasing a frisbee.  There was a U-Haul in front of the White House (I guess to move Bush out).  I got hustled by a semi-homeless guy.  When went to 1 of 5 (?) Smithsonian buildings--and didn't get to see all of it!!!  D.C. is also probably one of my favorite cities (I love the city, in case you can't tell)

Had a great Christmas with my family (though there was no Dressing).  My Grandmother fixed the SHARPEST homemade mac-n-cheese I've ever tasted.  Had a little bad news.  My Dad's brother has been given a year to live (lung cancer).  On Christmas Day, he had to go to the hospital.  The cancer has spread to his other lung and throughout his body.  Remember him in your prayers.

There was tons of other details, but right now my mind is going hay-wire (I had two cups of coffee this morning).  I am glad to be back.

Thanks to everyone who reads and posts comments.  I love you guys.  I look forward to a great 09!  

3 comments:

Amy said...

I read. I am posting a comment. I notice that "my beautiful disaster" is not listed on your profile as a blog that you visit. Oh really? I am contemplating adding a place to the boycott list, and it ain't Jacks. Wait until you get your Cmas present from The Martin's. You'll be sorry. We got Amanda something nice. You...something funny. And useful. I expect a post devoted to it. Of course, I shouldn't, since you don't even VISIT my blog. You loser.

Amy said...

ps -
What kind of friend are you? You KNOW how much I would have treasured a picture of said moving van in front of The White House. You didn't even take one for me...did ya?

codie lee said...

ok so yes.. i can so do that... i will work on it tonight and tomorrow at work... what is your email address... better yet here is mine... codiehoyle@yahoo.com

send me the details... like what exactly you want...

yahh! i am excited!