Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Campus Missionaries

I'm so excited about tonight.  We're going to take the whole teaching time of our youth service to promo the NEW Campus Missions strategy for our church.  Campus Missions is really a simple concept--reaching students where they HAVE TO BE (by law) 5 days a week for 7 hours a day: the school campus.  It's about expanding influence (via Campus Missionaries) and training student in THEIR responsibility to spread the gospel.  It's about establishing a place for fellow disciples can come and pray together for the students and teachers that walk their hallways.  It's about connecting adults to the schools by involving them in prayer.  It's about people, people who are broken, hopeless, and defeated (thanks to sin) finding hope again in the resurrection of Jesus Christ!

There are several HUGE changes to the structure of our Campus Missions--especially to Campus Missionaries.  I really believe this is going to allow us to equip MORE students to be disciples for Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

I, too, am excited about tonight! I will probably be an English Lit. Major. I think I will start off as a professor or in an adminstrative position! If I teach high school, I will tech 11th and 12th grade English. I am SO tired of hearing people say I am going to be poor!

Matt said...

I'm surprised at how few people realize that I am poor (according to monetary terms)

Sue said...

I will be praying for this new CM undertaking. I know that your job isn't easy...but know that you are making a difference.