Friday, January 16, 2009

Discipleship Weekend 2009

So, this weekend is one of my favorite weekends of the entire year: Discipleship Weekend.  It's kind of like youth camp, just with a LOT of free time and less kids making out or blowing toilets up (thankfully VRC teens are awesome and refrain from blowing up toilets and the like).  MOST of the people there are serious about walking closer to God and are not there looking for the Camp Hookup (in case you didn't grow up going to church camp, this is the main purpose of many a Summer Camp go-er: to find the perfect one-week girl/boyfriend).  

This year's gonna be a little different.  For one, we don't have a ton of people going.  I think last year we had around 20 - 25.  This year the grand total (counting myself) is 11 (it's been a rough year for our CMs).  Also, for the first time ever, I'm going to be a small group leader.  I was sort of dreading it b/c leading a small group is kinda like playing Russian Roulette.  There's a chance you get a great group who love to talk and share and minister to each other, but there's also a chance you have a bunch of fuddies-duddies whose Mommas made them come and they really HATE being there.  It's nice to have a blend really.  But now, I'm super-excited about it.

Couple of prayer requests:  (1) Discipleship Weekend; (2) my friend/blogger-phenom Codie.  She may have to have surgery (if God doesn't just flat out heal her); (3) my wife's best friend (and my friend too) Kayla.  She's collecting shoes for kids that don't have any.  For more info you can go to her blog here. (4) Amanda and the baby.  Things are good, let's pray that it stays that way!


1 comment:

Sue said...

Hope you guys have a wonderful, life-changing weekend. You will do a GREAT job leading a small group!