Friday, January 30, 2009

Thankful

There are moments in my life where God's grace stands out more than others:  the night I was saved, the day I was called into ministry, coming back from the hospital AFTER the gall-bladder attack and removal, and many others.  This week definitely stands out:

First, the wreck.  When I first got the calls about Tabatha and Sarah, they weren't good.  Some reports were that Tab was unresponsive and Sarah's neck was broken (teenagers tend to overreact in these kinds of situations).  Fortunately, they're both fine (banged up of course, but very much alive) and back home.  

Second, we've been waiting for Amanda's Medicaid insurance to clear through.  They sent it back to us once with "insufficient" proof of income.  They also told us that it takes around 40 days to even hear ANYTHING [which would mean we would have had to pay for the first couple of doctor's visits :( ]  Tuesday comes and we got our letter of approval.  Go God!

Third, my leg.  There's a lump on it, and to be honest I had no clue what it was.  And of course the first thing that popped in my mind was "CANCER!"  Went to the doctor and turns out it's just a ball of fat on top of a muscle.  It poses no harm (even though it will never go away) whatsoever.

So, this week has definitely been one of those weeks that I hope to make an altar so that I'll remember it forever

"Early the next morning Jacob took the stone he had placed under his head and set in up as a pillar and poured oil on top of it.  He called the place Bethel (house of God), though the city used to be called Luz."  Genesis 28.18-19

No comments: