Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The New Prez

Well, what a day!  Yesterday was one of the most pivotal events in the history of our country, as our 44th President, Mr. Barak H. Obama was sworn in (in front of a MASSIVE crowd).  It's good to see that we've come to a point as a people that a person with a minority background can still have a shot.  We're finally seeing equality at work.  

Now don't get me wrong; I live in Alabama for crying out loud.  There is still a TON of work to be done.  And, I don't think having a minority President will change the deep-seated racist worldview of so many in our country.  Only a life-changing encounter with Jesus Christ can do that.  BUT, I think it does show that our country is moving in the right direction in terms of how we relate to people who are different from us.

Do I agree with everything that Obama stands for?  No.  Do I disagree?  Absolutely not.  Just like ALL of us, he has his good qualities and bad.  Guess what...he's human.  He's going to make some mistakes and make some good things happen.

As the 44th President begins his OVERWHELMING task today to lead our country, let's remember our task: to pray for him and his family, to pray for our country, to pray for people whose lives are being destroyed by sin.  And let's remember where our hope, faith, and comfort come from:  JESUS CHRIST!

God bless America!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I have prayed for our president and his family. He might not have been my choice, but he is our leader, and I think we are supposed to pray for him. I truly hope he can make things better for our country.